Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thailand Trip

Im back from my 8days trip to Bangkok and Phuket. It was quite fun and happening but the bad thing is i was sick throughout the 8days. I was popping pills and antibiotic throughout the whole trip but my illness still couldn't recover. It was definitely frustrating.

Though it was a plainly relaxing trip, but i still visited alot of temples as the 8days fell on Vesak day. On the fourth day, i wanted to visit the famous big sleeping Buddha temple but the taxi driver drove me to another temple that i didn't intend to go.

After i reached the temple for some time then i realised it was actually the one of the Thailand King's temple. I was pretty delighted to unintentionally drop by. ^_^ Then one uncle appeared from no where and started talking to us in Teo Chew and brought us to one of the small houses behind the temple. I just followed him blindly and he brought us to see a monk.

I never thought much of it and just donated some money and daily stuffs to the monk. Much to my surprise, the uncle told me that this monk is the second highest monk in the temple. The monk did some fortune telling on me and my friends. Its like what other monks and fortune teller said about me. Nothing reallly new to me but im happy to meet him. He gave me a pendant before i left and it was a rewarding unintentional trip!

Nothing much to blog about my trip already except some strange happenings again. My best friend had much more strange encounters than me. Lol. Anyway here are some understanding of Buddha and his teaching. Its abit harder, so see whether you guys can catch it.

Buddha's teaching is a way of life, not a way of belief. His teaching is very scientific, very empirical, very practical. He is not a philosopher, not a metaphysician.

He is a very down-to-earth man. Buddha says that you can change your life, beliefs are not needed. In fact, beliefs are the barriers to real change. Start with no belief, start with not metaphysics, start with no dogma. Start absolutely naked and nude, with no theology, no ideology. Start Empty! Thats is the only way to come to truth.

No comments: